Page 47 of 305 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #461
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I cant get it to work. Its says that ive got to turn off some "Auto monitor regeneration frequency control". What can be done?

  2. #462
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like a refresh rate issue. This depends on your video card and video driver. Try going Control Panel, Screen Properties icon, Configuration tab, Advanced options button (names may differ, I'm using the Spanish version of Windows and I don't know how they are called in the Eng ver). This thing is usually around here. Do you see any tabs with an icon? Chances are that you do. They might have some DirectX refresh rate option to play with somewhere. I can't tell you where because it all depends on which card and driver version are you using.

    Another thing you can try is to install the latest video drivers for your video card and OS. Go to Rage3D or similar sites to find them. Use generic drivers (i.e. ATI's or nVidia's, the chip maker, not your card vendor's) unless you have a special video card.

  3. #463
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Beat Crimson Skies.

    Probably should pick up one of the GTAs. Or grab a new game. I'll figure it out later.

  4. #464
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im playing MGS2 again, just to remind myself of the gameplay whilst waiting for Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.
    Wait a second...if its on the GC, im going to have to put up with that controller. I hope they dont mess it up.

  5. #465
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Got SSBM today! Whoo!

  6. #466
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    You don't likeGCN controller, Cata?

    Wow N, a bit behind? o.O?

    I finally got FF: CC XD~~~~~~~~~

  7. #467
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    From the "Best game environment?" thread:

    Sizer wrote:
    I'd have to say...Barrockstadt or Aralbad from Syberia. They're both really beautiful places.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,sans-serif">Wow Sizer-chan, what's that game, Syberia? I've just Googled for it and came up with such nice screenshots; this game rocks; at least visually it does; how good is it/how does it play?

  8. #468
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the GC controller for things like platformers, and games like Zelda, Metroid prime and Starfox. Its perfect for those. But for playstation originating titles like MGS (or Tony Hawks games), the controller conversion can get in the way of the gameplay.
    I hope this wont be the case though, but looking at the controller setup of MGS2, it required quite a lot of the PS2's controllers buttons (and it made very good use of the pressure sensitive buttons too, which GC doesnt have).

    Im still playing MGS2, im buying a GBA soon, just for Crystal Chronicles. That should be fun.

  9. #469
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    R/L are sensitive.

  10. #470
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Xellos: I just haven't been able to find it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •